Sports & Social Club
385 Jersey Road, Isleworth
Middlesex, London • TW7 5PJ
Welcome to Wycombe House Online
Our Tennis Club, Cricket Club, Social Club and Yoga combine to make the Wycombe House Sports and Social Club.
Wycombe House is a private members club in Isleworth, West London. It is one of the oldest remaining private members multi-sport and social clubs in the world.
Formed by members of the Hammersmith Branch of the YMCA at the end of 1888. The name ‘Wycombe House’ was derived from the name of the YMCA’s Hammersmith Road H.Q – which has long since been demolished.
The cricket club’s first ground was a pitch on Wormwood Scrubs rented from the London County Council and it later played on a number of rented grounds in the West London area before arriving at its present ground in 1939.
The ground was requisitioned during World War II as a farm for livestock and cricket did not restart until 1948. Since then the club has gone from strength to strength, purchasing its own freehold in 1978 and inaugurating a new clubhouse in 1981.
The Tennis Section of Wycombe House was formed in 1930 and played on grass courts until 1984, when four hard courts were laid. Floodlighting two in 1992 considerably extended the Tennis Section. We now have 4 Matchplay II carpet courts, which were re-laid in 2011.